Friday, March 19, 2010

2 for1

This is a 2 for 1 post! Last week was so CRAZY for us we did tot school but I had no time for posting. (sorry in advance for the length!) So here we go:

Community Helpers Theme

Doctors are Community Helpers


Reno loved her X-Ray project and showed me X with her fingers



Firefighters are next on our list... we will be doing more next week on them... but this was a fun Math lesson with Dalmations ~ the fire dog!

After we read our book and I was setting up for our next activity, Reno was pretending "her dolly had fallen and got caught in a fire. The firemen are coming hold on...she is okay..thank you fireman..." too precious!


St Patty's Day
Reno cut green paint samples


Reno loved categorizing the Lucky Charms in her rainbow. When the prject was finished she enjoyed them as a snack!


Pipo and Reno
Reno LOVES her Busy Bugs from Discovery Toys. Pipo is color blind so Reno lead the way! Love the High 5 for a great effort!



Reno is very into trying to write her name. She really trys her best. We are still working of proper hold of the pencil. But she'll get there.


We have been doing the bottle cap name activity for awhile but Reno was putting the letter of her name on in any order. Now we are working on puttin ghtem on in the correct order.


Beginning Sequencing
Reno wasn't really into this activity until I brought out her favorite numbers. This sequencing packet came with about 10 cards and I took out 3 to start with. That seemed less overwhelming for both of us.



H for House~ http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/



J for Juice and Jewel



Moon Sand~ Although this was a big clean up job, both girls LOVED the moon sand. Thanks Aunt Teresa!

4 comments:

  1. What a great two weeks :) Fun activities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great activities! What a fun educational week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your J for juice!!! we played with moon sand this week, too, and i completely had forgotten how cool it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your J is great! Juice is such a great here and I wish I would have thought about that when we did our J week. Filing away for next time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete