Sunday, March 7, 2010

Numbers and Letter Q

We had a fun week at Reno's Way. Reno is really interested in number. She loves counting. She can almost make it to 20 with all the numbers in order. Reno LOVED this number puzzle I pulled out for her. I thought we'd just put the numbers back in the puzzle but she had other plans... she wanted to line them up like a number line. Then she put them back in the puzzle counting down from 20. I am glad she lead this activity!




I have seen so many of my tot school friends do the paint chip cutting. So while I was in the hardware store I picked some up. Reno loves to cut now and is getting better every time we she cuts. She really enjoyed this and the only thing that got her to stop cutting was the number puzzle :).



We have also been doing Starfall. I have used this web site a lot for Reno's older sister but Reno and I just started using it a couple of months ago. It is fast becoming a favorite.


Letter Q was so fun to do! Reno painted this week instead of coloring. That was a fit! Every inch of Q was covered! She also really liked bedazzling her Q and the crown! Thank you to http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/




Finally we did a following direction and spatial activity. Reno would listen to me say "in the cloud" and she would stamp in the cloud. Or I say "out of the cloud" and she would stamp out of the cloud. It was a good activity, BUT I really liked the post from a tot schooler who used an barn and horse to do the same activity. I am so doing that this week.. I think Reno will like it much better!

6 comments:

  1. I love her letter Q (for Queen). Fun week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The HAT! i love it! the Q is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun week! The Q queen turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great week! I love the hat, so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She insists on the hat while she paints! she is a funny one!

    ReplyDelete